Activate Tairāwhiti is leading economic development: unlocking our region’s potential to activate growth for the benefit of our whole community.
Our mission: Ensure every child in Tairāwhiti has an economic future.
New Zealand’s newest economic development agency, we were established in 2015 with the support of local business leaders, Gisborne District Council and Eastland Community Trust.
We are a dedicated resource for all established businesses and start ups, both based in our region and looking to move here.
The Activate Tairāwhiti team includes our CEO, two Business Growth Advisors (representing the Regional Business Partners network and Callaghan Innovation) and a dedicated Project Manager.
Our emphasis is on a collaborative approach to encourage business success, while delivering sound economic development actions for Tairāwhiti:
- Provide the resources and connections that businesses need to flourish.
- Generate jobs and grow GDP.
- Build our region’s competitive advantages.
- Work with public and private sector partners to deliver projects that stimulate business growth and productivity.
- Create a business environment that supports sustainable economic growth.
- Help develop a skilled and talented workforce.
- Retain regional wealth for re-investment.
- Attract investment into the region.
- Monitor and benchmark our region’s performance.
Welcome to the Tairāwhiti Business Hub, 50 Childers Road, Gisborne.
This is your one-stop-shop for access to advice, connections, funding, expertise, training, investment and business mentoring.
- Activate Tairāwhiti
- The Regional Business Partner programme
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Callaghan Innovation
- Business Mentors